6/13/2013

Teaching and Social Media

 
"Your a teacher, you shouldn't blog"

Hmm these are the opening lines of a thought provoking article about teachers using social media particularly blogging. Well if you are reading this, then it is obvious to me that you know that I blog. Yes I put my thought out there for the world to read and react in whatever way they choose. My experience of blogging so far has been overall quite positive but I have to admit there have been days when people have decided to target my blog and have left me in tears. So why do it? Well (a) because if I don't I will fail my ICT course ;) and (b) because used in the appropriate manner blogs can be a fantastic part of a teachers toolkit. Personally, social media has led to allowed me to maintain some of the best professional relationships I have had, allowing me to link with visionaries, crowdsourcing information, and discuss the best education practices. Social media is certainly a popular topic amongst my fellow educators and I found a wonderful post about the role of social media in our lives at Kinder Bytes by Janine Allman who has reflected on the roll it has played in her life. What has your social media/blogging experience been like?

No comments:

Post a Comment