6/14/2013

Air Server


I was wanting to show the content of  my iPad to the children I was teaching on prac and I was lucky enough to be told about Air Server by my brilliant husband. Air Server for those who are not familiar with this nifty tool is a AirPlay receiver for Mac/Pc which allows you to receive AirPlay feeds similar to an Apple TV, so that you can stream content or Mirror your display from your iOS devices. In education the benefit of Air Server is that it allows you to show content to your class to provide a highly engaging experience using an iPad. It also allows you to wirelessly beam content to SMARTBoard - which is one of my favourite features. Having the ability to not only be able to move around the classroom with an iPad in hand as well as display multiple iPads on one screen means that the applicability of Air Server for education endless. I have a love affair with Air Server and would highly recommend it being part of any teachers toolkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment